A Chromium-based browser with a number of tweaks and optimizations.
Cent Browser is a rather minimalist web browser that's based on Chromium.
Similar to the most popular browser in the world (Google Chrome), the program is actually based on the project and work done by the open-source community at The Chromium Project. With that said, Cent Browser is another iteration based on Chromium which seeks to create a customized, unique browsing experience.
As anybody who has used Chrome or Chromium know, speed is has been kept in mind while building the browser from ground up. Cent Browser takes advantage of these developments while adding special features like Incognito Tabs and a QR code generator. The latter offers the ability to access web pages without typing them in.
Other features unique to Cent Browser are general UI tweaks like automatically hiding the bookmarks bar, the addition of mouse gestures and memory optimization by way of "single renderer process" that limits process count.
Overall, Cent Browser is another option to browse the web, maintaining Chromium's minimalism and speed while adding a couple of useful features.
Features of Cent Browser
- Cloud Sync: Synchronize bookmarks, settings and more across devices.
- Customizability: Flexible settings, themes and mouse gestures.
- Download Manager: Multiple concurrent downloads, pause & resume.
- Extensions: Support for a large number of extensions.
- Mouse Gestures: Customizable mouse gestures for common tasks.
- Performance: Low resource usage, fast page loading.
- Privacy: Incognito mode, ad and tracker blocking.
- Security: Encrypts data, prevents tracking.
- User Interface: Sleek, modern design.
- Video: Built-in video downloader, support for streaming sites.
- Voice Control: Voice commands for basic navigation and search.
- Web Browsing: Synchronized bookmarks, tab stacks, tab preview.
Compatibility and License
Cent Browser is provided under a freeware license on Windows from web browsers with no restrictions on usage. Download and installation of this PC software is free and 5.0.1002.354 is the latest version last time we checked.
What version of Windows can Cent Browser run on?
Cent Browser can be used on a computer running Windows 11 or Windows 10. Previous versions of the OS shouldn't be a problem with Windows 8 and Windows 7 having been tested. It comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit downloads.